Wednesday, January 12, 2005

A day at work

This is officially my third day at work. While the first day (Monday) saw me at the new office in Cyberjaya, we (the new people) were asked to go to Raja Chulan as part of our training between Tues to Thurs, so here I am, in the heart of a very congested city. This is going to be my first time going to work on public transport (a bus and a monorail service).

So far, training has been just ok, with a lot of emphasis on the company's products. While I am not all that gungho about what they produce, it is nevertheless an interesting insight into what a non-traditional publishing business does. My nights at home are very boring, as one usually feels drained by the end of the day and at this point, I am still trying to get use to waking up so early everyday and being at work between 0900-1730 everyday. While not engaged in anything too taxing at the moment (beyond stealing time to complete my dissertation), being forced into a certain environment 5 days in a week can be depressing. I know that I will start appreciating the weekend more, especially after having had everyday a weekend for the past 2 1/2.

Anyway, I better go check what is in for today. If I feel like it or have time, I will blog later today. (:


No comments: