Saturday, December 03, 2005

Public Service Announcements

This is a public service announcement. Keep this hotline number in your mobiles or filodex and if you come across any open burning, or lots of smoke coming out from nowhere for more than a few minutes (would be good if you can ascertain where it is coming from to help the enforcers), call this number at 03 88891972. It is the DOE. I called on a Sat evening after seeing suspicious white smoke floating through the air in a mearby housing estate, from my vantage point of 9 storeys high, and there really is someone at the phone. I can't confirm if anyone did come over to check (and the smoke seems to be slowly dissipating -I left it too long when I called :() since I am not that near enough to see.

On a different note, Singapore has a unit in charge of catching smoking vehicles. Too bad we do not have such a said operation in Malaysia, from the fact that so many heavy vehicles and motorbikes spouting generous amounts of black smoke ARE STILL on the roads.

Check out the News Updates next weekend as I launch the Freedom of Information principles on my website, with a view towards fighting for the right to know.

I've been reallly bad at the way I've been disposing batteries. We need more collection centres.

No comments: