Thursday, April 13, 2006

A story of LM Montgomery's extraordinary career

If Malaysia has an author who could describe its landscapes as beautifully as she did Prince Edward Island in Canada, we wouldn't need the simpering Ministry of Tourism and its tired "tourist attraction" packages. Or waste so much money rewriting copy to tell people why they should visit Malaysia. But then again, the latter provided income for the likes of lesser souls like myself. :D

Click here to read about what this great writer had to say about her career.

I have to say that I always feel inspired when I read her stories, in a way that I do not get when reading girl stories by many other authors, including British ones, even if I find some of her ideals "Victorian", to quote Ilse Burnley of the Emily Books.

If you have not read her, you should. You can find some of her books in e-text at http://www.tickledorange.com/LMM/Writings.html

No comments: