Friday, May 21, 2004

Another day in the life of..

Another review came out while I was away, Voices of Injustice You are allowed to like or hate it. However, do give this book of chance, inspite or despite of my review.

I have been reading various poetic works online. I am excited by the fact that one day, we will actually be reading hypertext of literary works, instead of buying them in paper. Though part of me is of the old fashion school that loves the feel of paper, we have to face the fact the publishing on paper is not viable, unless we are willing to use recycled paper, which technology of today has yet been able to produce a high-quality version. However, more for principles than taste, I would support publications that uses recycled paper. It can be cheaper as well.

Tonight, I am going to meet some young women for a tete-a-tete. Last Wed, I met some young women for a workshop on writing. Being a rather young and raw writer, I definitely need more exposure to polish up my style.

While reading through news of the turmoil surrounding Sonia Gandhi's refusal to take office as prime minister (I am sure all of you are reading that all over), I came across a clipping on the wedding of Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark to the Australian Mary Donaldson. Despite of the Prince Charles-Princess Diana saga, I supposed we who love fairy-tales can't get enough of that. I suppose now that hoards of commoner girls/women are vying for the hand of a few eligible princes left on this planet. I mean human princes. Wonder what is it like dating a prince. Can't be too different, sans bodyguards and high security. I would definitely like to keep my life under wraps. But then, never dated a prince.


Cheers all



No comments: