Monday, April 11, 2005

A weekend to remember

Despite being tired out for most of the weekend (perhaps due to a grueling schedule of work and dissertation), I wasn't entirely in the mood to meet people. However, I was glad that I did and dragged my bum out to a nice little watering hole in KL to see some of the coolest women in town, some old friends, some new to me. It was a great night with much camaderie and fun. Though there were 2 men present, it didn't spoil the bond with women have with each other (sorry guys).

As someone coming from an all-girls school, I used to detest the site of coteries of the female sexes, not because I detest women, but because I had to put up with cattiness and pettiness from some members of my sex, an inevitable consequence of spending most of your mornings and a small part of an afternoon, 5 days a week, with members of your sex, except for the welcomed vacations. Hence, I often preferred the company of the other sex (not for reasons of boyfriends/partners) but because I found them a refreshing change. But, I soon discovered that boys (especially those in an old boys school) do have their form of prejudices and are not above belittling members of their own sex in front of the other sex.

Hence, all that we've learnt about the real world begun at school, if not from home.

But, I am glad that there were no exhibition of malicious behaviour in this gathering I attended, and everyone was supportive of one another. One to the girls (and the two guys)

Off-topic, the deadline for my dissertation is nearing, so you might find me posting here even less than I do now. Plus, I've got some other projects ongoing.

Take care, y'all

No comments: