Sunday, July 17, 2005

A haphazhard weekend

Two things happened over the course of two days.

On Friday, I attended a friend's farewell as she will be leaving for Down Under in a few days time. Despite the incessant rain and a kind of traffic that could put a damper on anyone's mood, it was nice to speak to her and a few people (though the number of people there made it impossible to have a proper conversation with anyone one person at a time, plus I had to rush off not long after to do an emergency errand). I hope that when slower days are here, I will be able to take my time about things instead of rushing here and there.

Speaking of rushing, I spent the first part of the day yesterday working on my dissertation Chap 3. I am reading Plath's letters (I have yet to finish them as she is such a prolific letter writer). I realise that I will not finish at least 40% of them by the time I complete my dissertation. It is difficult seeing that I still have a full-time job to go to until at least next month. I have until the end of the month to see how things will turn out for me in a month or two to come.

In the evening, I did as quick a grooming as I can but was still late for my dear friends' wedding. It is surreal to have a friend travel halfway across the world to his bride's home country and still have a remarkably big wedding. Not grand by Malaysian standards but grand enough seeing the limited time there is to prepare for it. If it had been me, I would have just hired a wedding planner and let him or her do all the dirty work for me. My hats off to these two great people and I pray that their lives together will be wonderful, and I hope to visit them in the country they have decided to make their home, at least for now.


Dance rehearsals are going on fine. We are pacing ourselves well. Many might not know that I am into a particular dance form since I hardly blog about the more personal aspect of my life except when it has already become public. (: I will publicise more about it the next month so for those of you reading this, come back in by the second week of August to check. I am not performing anything humungous since I am a relative beginner and already have a schedule that is rather tight. I do WANT to have a breather between things. Unlike many of my other super-duper friends, I do not relish a very hectic lifestyle. Been there and done that in my younger years. No wish to repeat it except when absolutely necessary.

Cheers all!