Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Sharia and Tapping

It was an exceedingly full weekend on Saturday, and a partially-filled one on Sunday, leaving me with little time for relaxation (Taken in snatches on Friday night and Sunday morning-afternoon). However, it was a great weekend. Here's why

1. I attended a workshop on Sharia law and gender, and learnt properly for the first time how Sharia laws are formulated in this country, how fatwa happens and all the details that had been rather hazy all these while. Will perhaps write a bit more on this in time. Not suitable to do so now since I am suppose to be at work (:

2. Finally did the concert for my tap dance, and I hope, well enough to convince my tap teacher to let me join the next level class.

3. Went for notthatbalai exhibition on Sunday evening. Missed the best part of it due to my not having check out the website earlier for details of their various interesting events. As usual, I assumed that it was going to be an ordinary visual art exhibition. My bad.

4. Went to some friends' birthday party that lasted all the way til midnight (and hence suffered a little of its effect by being late for work on Monday morning)

And oh, the British Council in Malaysia is having their Celebrate Scotland festival now so check out their website for more details. Maybe some might say that this is another cultural invasion by those damn Brits, though the Scottish, having been historically disenfranchised by the Anglo Saxons, cannot be blame for neo-colonialism (if they've never had the chance to colonise in the first place). Correct me if I am wrong.


A nobel laureate is coming to town but not sure what's gonna happen when he is around. Still waiting for news.

Will write more about that Sharia thing and maybe write more bout my tap dancing experience once I've successfully advance a level. (: