Sunday, July 01, 2007

Changing tide

It has been forever since my last entry. I had been so bogged down with work that I haven't even had time to really read something that is not in some way, work-related, except for some stolen moments. There's always some crisis or other that's demanding of my attention, and it's only now, sometime in the middle of the year, that I have time to sit back and take stock of all that had been going on. I am done with marking (did I mention that I am currently teaching part time at a private university) and with all the administrative issues surrounding it. Now I can concentrate on my research and writing work. I had been travelling quite a bit in the past 2 months but somehow still wish that I am travelling more.

Recently, I was down with the flu and that kind of push back some of my work even more. T go this year has been one of many upheavals, unexpected changes, direction-changing decision making and basically a removal of a cushion from beneath my feet. I no longer have the comfort of knowing that I have a job to go to every morning of the weekday, but I also feel that my plans are more fluid, and that I am able to up and move once the projects I am committed to end.

I am behind deadline in one of the projects I am doing (behind by about 2 months going on the 3rd month) but I am glad to say that it is moving on faster than it was before.

I have also finished teaching a semester at a university, something which I had never done before. And I will be embarking on more work with greater responsibilities this year.

No comments: