Monday, October 01, 2007

A new year for myself

As I am writing this in the wee hours of Monday morning, Oct 1, Saturday Sept 29 saw the close of a long drawn-out year for me, one riddled with confusion, chaos, altercations and negative vibes. Everything felt wrong on that day, and only came out right in the evening. It felt like an extended session on a therapist couch.

But I went to this little shop in town that sells Tibetan arts and crafts, and bought myself some incense sticks and a mantra card. The day after was supposed to be my b-day, and it was time to throw out all that is bad, to cleanse the inner energy and begin life a new. Whatever problems that follows me into this new year are to be tackled with renewed zest and and a positive outlook. Better discipline shall shape my life, as I would also now begin to draw boundaries between my professional life and personal life, knowing when to start my day and when to end it, but being flexible enough to enjoy the perks of a freelancer, which is the choice to plan my day and attend events, should I decide to do so. It is because of that that I am still awake at 1:44 am, when I would be asleep if I had a job to go to in the morning.

What I need to do in this new year is to have a better understanding of myself and of the other people, doing that which is right and doable. I will also start having a proper schedule for my work and my other activities, and thus have more time for my personal interests, as well as for friends and loved ones. I need to learn to manage stress better, to not get upset too easily about things and find greater equilibrium between the personal, the professional and other interests.

More importantly, I should start updating this blog more regularly. I have neglected it for so long as I had allowed my life to spiral out of control. I will use this blog as a way of getting a better grip of things, and to begin voicing my opinions on matters of interest to me, as well as chronicling my daily activities. A way to take stock of myself, to go for what I want while knowing my limitations and knowing when to let go.

As for this week, I have a manuscript to revise and research, and French test to study for. And some readings to do.

Bon nuit!

No comments: