Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A thought for the day

Yesterday, I found myself barely working. Or working slowly, taking the time to digest through all that I have to do as I go through the comments of the first draft of my manuscript, and restructuring the way the narrative is being handled. It's a really painstaking process but well worth the effort as it will keep me from repeating the mistakes of the first draft. The story telling part is simple, just my knack for complicating things. I think I should get the structure out by the end of the week. Have French exams this Thurs, and then a teaching job to go to on Friday, but otherwise, I have freed myself from other stuff to concentrate on the manuscript.

I told myself that I will do the best that I can for this new year, never taking anything or anyone for granted and always putting my best foot forward. I also told myself to be more forgiving of the folly of others and to be more circumspect in my dealing with people. Much that has happened this year included my getting to know the not-so-good side of the people whom I thought I could trust, as well as lots of misunderstanding.
People have many faces, and you never get to see all the faces until you step on their toe, or on their turf. Or when shit hits the fan.

It is early in the morning, so I think I'll wrap up my work for this evening. Had my laptop on working mode since evening, working everywhere, from my room to my friend's room to the living room.

So I think it's time to sleep and have an early start. I am beginning to feel more optimistic about this project that I am doing now that I am structuring it out carefully.

It's October now so no more time to waste.

bon nuit

No comments: