Sunday, December 02, 2007

Is change in the offing in Malaysia

I can't quite tell. The last few weeks had been a hectic but rather exciting time in Malaysia. First, the BERSIH rally that called for a clean and transparent electoral process in view of the soon-to-come General Elections which is expected early next year, and then the HINDRAF event where thousands of Indians had a rally to state their support for the lawsuit against the British Government. News were heard and seen from all sides of the media. With regard to the HINDRAF event, I already knew about it weeks in advance because a friend had shown me an sms he received calling for all Indians to show their support for this lawsuit and the rally.

I am rather busy working on something, but rest assure that I will be keeping my eyes peeled on all the goings on. And I have a gut feeling that the coming GE will be really exciting. However, I believe change is only possible if people are really angry enough to want that. What do the grassroots really think or feel?

No comments: