Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Why...

have I not posted any new articles on this site? Well, mainly because most of my creative/brain work in progress are geared towards publication, which means I can't publish them here yet. However, hopefully after July, or even before, I would be able to write something which I will post exclusively on archiveoflearning. I just need more time. Speaking of publishing, I came across this article in American Institute of Physics website which talks about the phenomena of publishing or perishing. Remember all the hyper surrounding plagiarising that has caused the downfall of various eminent academics? Here is one on whether and how much value is attached to being constantly published. The title is Publish or Perish--An Ailing Enterprise. I used to be a member of AIP when I was a physics undergrad. In a way, I missed those days, despite all the teeth gnashing to solve indecipherable problems.

Someone once said that Malaysians are very right or left. I suppose they go whichever way that suit their need. Malaysians are also said not to have a concept of Left. What is Left? New Left? Old Left? Marxist Left? Frankly speaking, I doubt most of American polemics have a clear concept of left or right. The worst kind of polemics you get, unfortunately for the rights, are the Rights. Check out this RightWingNews. I know that the Left could be as polemical, given the stage to do so. Or maybe they are rights pretending to be Left? Anyway, counterpart of the RightWingNews is the LeftWingNews. Not exactly opposites of each other of course. But both in blogstyles, bashing regimes here and there. Let you decide whom you think has more reasoned arguments.

Humans are humans. They can lose reason

No comments: