Thursday, May 19, 2005

Human cyborg?

It all started with http://202.186.86.35/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2005/5/13/nation/10943441.asp&sec=nation

So I did a search and unearth plenty of information about this man who wants to be in one (sync, harmony, ) with his computer.

The scientist in me tells me that I should be both excited and sceptical about this. The wanting to realise the pomo (oops, I mean postmodern) dream of syncing the human as being a gentic makeup of ideas with the greatest human creation (well, maybe not that great) sounds like a wet dream to all hardcore nanotechnologists. But of course, there are many sceptics, and I wonder that if he really is a step closer to finding the ultimate cure for Parkinson, why isn't this being shared more widely?

Remember the 'Bad Science' column run by The Guardian? Well, I do wonder if anyone has posted anything on this. Here are some news from Wired


Anyhow, you can always google for it (see, a trademark that has become a ubiquitous verb) yourself. I have captured a link for you under note it. Also, check out http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id174/pg1/

Have to be careful as to what I do at work today as many big-wigs are around (not that they wear wigs anymore. We need to find a less cthnonic word).


A lot of work out there, both discussing the merits of popularly written science books and badly written science books.

Can someone tell me how I can be a freelance science writer? I've got a degree in science! Anything to get out of this place where everyone above production seems to think that they are doing such important things that the world will come to an end should we fail to satisfy their highnesses requirements, when all of them, up to the highest boss, are merely slaves to the monied beings..called THE CUSTOMERS. Yeah, they pay my salary too. Bleah.

One lesson I learnt from my job... Forget about climbing up the ladder to reach for that eponymous carrot. Trust me, the higher you go, the more likely it will be moved up. Work for your own money and for yourself. Be rich. Then you can dangle everybody's weenies. Yes, even that of the big big big obese boss you once worked for, and do sexist and politically incorrect things.



From a disgruntled employee

No comments: