Monday, May 09, 2005

long weekend

It begun with me falling ill on Thurs. However, I still had to prepare for a presentation which I had to give on Saturday morning. Hence, between long drowses, I managed to scrap up a rough draft of the paper. Helps that I took half day off

Fri morning. On leave because I had lots of admin to take care of, including going to the police station to get my road accident case decision, and have them posted back to the workshop for insurance claim. It was a rather busy Friday. At night, finally managed to get my butt into the hotel where the seminar was going on, with a former lecturer of mine giving a talk on a paper which I had to comment on the next morning. Had to do a lot of fact-checking on what he said, and spent the time flipping through my reference book. After much problems, managed to get a room to stay for the night so that I need not make that arduous journey from home in the early hours of the day the next day.


Saturday was a long day. Talk went well. Many things happened. Shan't talk too much about it now as I am supposed to be working. It resulted on me being sleep deprived on Sunday because I couldn't get enough sleep on Sat ..arrgh

Anyway, now I have to settle down to sober work and earn my keep. Good news is, my univ has reimbursed some of the money I have spent on my dissertation research, which helps to ease the expenditure (especially since reimbursement is not in full). I wish I can get a nice part time job in publishing. Anybody wants to hire me? :/

Also, here is a link to an article I did on philosophy, in Malay. I have the English version. If anyone is interested to read or publish it elsewhere, in English, let me know.
Here is the Malay version Wittgenstein dan Popper: Benarkah Falsafah Mereka Berselisih?


Orite, back to work

Cheers!
Clarissa

No comments: