Friday, June 09, 2006

Finally

I can post on this blog, after a downtime of almost three days. Only problem is, I don't have time to say much, though I do have a lot to say.

Firstly, I've been doing a lot of thinking over the weekend (when I am not out or with someone or catching up on lost sleep) and am coming ever more closer to the direction I am going to take, whether in my personal life or my career (and my career spans everything from my day job to my vocation). I had begun on a writing project which I realise will soon take a better part of my freetime, and my thinking space. Which is fine, because as of now, I have very little desire to be socially active, and only crave the occasional company of people whose presence I enjoy and who are themselves a source of enriching experiences, without trying hard.

Apparently, the great Goenawan, poet laureate of Indonesia, will be in KL this week. I've read his works, thanks to a friend who first introduced him to me, and then another who loan me his collection of poetry. So anyone who is in KL should go meet the man himself, because, if I ever write Malay poetry, he is the example that I would most take. I will post the details in the News and Updates section.

And I will also post a review I did that came out in the Star. I prefer my own version, because I didn't really like the editing in the one published. My sentences seemed rather choppy and the fluidity lost. But I will post you the link, in case you prefer to read the newspaper's version. And for writers who want to learn the art of speaking while writing, this is a good and entertaining book to learn from.

No comments: