Saturday, June 24, 2006

Writing the personal

PART 1

For me, a blog is a place where I spill all my thoughts, and indulge in sessions of utter unreason. In other words, I do not have to keep to very rigid structure of coherence, and whatever that crosses my mind, that will come out. This is where I allow the usual adherence to the following of an argument into a logical conclusion go into hibernation :D

As some good friends had once told me, my thoughts are all over the place. Someone once suggested that I might perhaps be afflicted with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder). Another person, over lunch yesterday as we discussed a book project I am suppose to be working on now that the MA correction is over (yay, one milestone crossed!), suggested that I have the tendency to be 'derailed' in articulating my ideas and arguments. I think too many people in my life had been telling me that, including my boss, so it is about time I take a pro-active attitude towards it. Truth be told, I'm a lot better than before because of my experience in writing a MA thesis as well as working in advertising.

The problem with a multi-tasking personality like myself is sometimes, I lose the ability to really focus hard on something and look deeper into it. It's the Libran dilettante personality that I would need to shake off, if I really want to be successful in my goals. Instead of letting that risk-taker (though I think I've been a pretty mild risk-taker until recently, when I decided to let my prepondency to spontaneity and impulsiveness force me into something different)and restless soul in me be my bane, I should channel it into a positive energy that will allow me to contribute to both my own life and society.


PART II
Unlike some bloggers (except perhaps those writing in anonymity), I find it hard to lay bare my life for others to read. Namely, I won't write about my love life, my friends, what people say to me (specifically) or the goings-on in my work-life or in the social world I inhabit. Perhaps I might be able to do so in the safety of anonymity, but even then, I am still guarded about revealing all, and only people I trust will know that the person behind that pen-name is yours truly. That, should I need to write about it to exorcise any issues, is kept to a private journal read by none other but myself. In this particular blog, where I am known to my readers, especially those who know me personally, you will not get updates on my personal life, or that of the people around me. Occasionally, I do allude to them, but often in an impersonal way, mainly because I am very particular about my privacy and that of my friends. So what you read here would be the life of my mind, with occasional detours to the personal without revealing. In advertising, we say that it is saying it without naming it. (:

That reminds me, I think I should start reading up some books related to work since I've not been too bothered as I was busy preparing for a language test just earlier in the week, and had been so inundated with work-related projects. And then there were some issues with my computer connection.

Bon Soir!

No comments: