Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Getting that direction right

Big changes are coming my way as things that had been pending are finally moving on and resolving themselves, in one way or another. I would not say that everything is easily resolved at the moment, but it is great feeling to know that what had seemed like a process of extended anxiety, worry, frustrations and such negative images are beginning to dissipate as things take a more concrete form. Yes I do have many other issues pending but with the big ones moving forward, it becomes easier to get the rest rolling. What I need now is real time, for myself, to do just that. With work piling up, and the ability to just clear the thoughts to hammer away at the keyboard (now that's another issue I have to work on because my computer at home just died this morning :() and produce those stuff I'd been trying to find time to put together. This weekend will be spent mostly in putting in the finishing touches and revision to my thesis before the final submission, based on the reports of both my external and internal examiner. Yes, a lot of work just for an MA thesis, but well-justified when I can finally use it as a passport to the next turn ahead.

The month between now and Sept would be filled with turning points. Sept is when I will be able to make a firm decision of my direction for next year onwards. Before that, I need to lay the many ghosts of my past to rest. These next few months, perhaps until the end of the year, will be all about me, as well as the work I intend to do or am in the process of doing. Having started the ball rolling on working out personal issues that had haunted me, I will put new entries into that aspect of my life on hold until I am more than halfway to doing what I really need to get done, workwise, and tying up certain loose-ends.

Some might say that I'm taking an extreme route, but those who understand why I have to do it this way will see why I am doing it the way I do. Geddit? :D But at least, the crisis I've had been facing from all aspects, since perhaps late last year, are building up momentum towards a final resolution, and things feel positive, at the point, despite there being many little things going wrong that will try even the patience of a saint. I don't know why, but I am feeling more at peace and optimistic than I'd ever been in a long time. I don't know the reason. I have had my down moments, but somehow, they no longer seem so bad.



But I will be taking an entire week off sometime next month. With some things out of the way, I think I deserve that break. No idea where I'll be going yet but it will be within budget. A retreat for me to write and think about some other important things as well.

So I better get cracking with work so I can get into my boss's good books :D


Cheers all!

No comments: