Wednesday, April 14, 2004

sympathy

One things, based on varying interpretations , as to whether a person deserves sympathy for any act or misfortune that befalls. Or perhaps life is that merciless and therefore nobody deserves sympathy of any sort.

What makes art? I am struggling with this idea. I will attempt to recreate my own art, based on the idea of contingency - inspired by a book I read, which I will review for this site soon enough.

could a piece of concept be an art? Would something that causes aesthetic or sensual pleasures running though our very veins be considered art?

would a poem with very good concept and idea but lacking in metaphorical transcendance be considered artistic?

Can't believe that I am thinking all these things in the first half of my workday

Admittedly, I am getting bored with strict hours. My colleague has just gone to Hong Kong to view an art exhibition, courtesy of a sponsor. Sigh...

I could do with junkets like this.

No comments: